Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Olay Massaging Body Bar in Silk Whimsy- Olay, Olay, Olay!

Being the girly-girl that I am, when I saw the new ads for Olay's new Massaging Body Bar (along with those scratch n' sniff strips attached in the ad. Genius!) I had to try it! After re-smelling the bars in the store, it was a tough decision between the "romantic Silk Whimsy, and exotic Luscious Embrace", but I decided on the rosy, feminine, Silk Whimsy. The "refreshing Purely Pristine" was too cucumbery for me. Personally, I do not want to smell like a salad.

According to olay.com, Silk Whimsy is "Deeply romantic, with rose scent touched by notes of citrus, melon, jasmine, sandalwood and vanilla." The bar is also loaded with glycerin, softening almond oil, and bits of rose, that make the soap much more organic and home made looking than I expected. As advertised, the bar comes with lovely massaging bumps molded in to the soap, but after a few washes, they were long gone. This soap is also not for the thrifty. My current bar of Silk Whimsy is almost out after a week and a half, while the small piece of month-old Dove I had left is still intact; after being tossed aside for the Silk Whimsy.

The bar is very softening, and I found it to be more moisturizing than my usual Dove Extra Moisturizing formula body bar.  In the summer, what could be better than to drench your sun-parched skin in extra moisture?The Silk Whimsy also smells divine, and I really look forward to washing with it, even if it is just to smell my skin afterwards. I do have to admit that using this bar was almost like washing with butter, with the soap melting in to my skin with each use, and also washing down the drain just as quickly. But for around $5 for a four-pack of  massaging soap bars, can anyone really complain?

Bottom Line- Great soap for guest-rooms, or for people who like to replace their soap often. Very softening, smells great, and gorgeous to look at. Don't expect the massaging bumps to last more than a couple of washes.

Where to purchase- At your local grocery store, or Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment