Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rolling for No Sleep- Garnier Skin-Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller

I will admit...The Garnier Skin-Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller has not made a significant difference in my horrendously dark circles, and I have used it for over 3 months, but it is a nice concept. My dark circles do look slightly lighter, but not enough for me to stop wearing concealer.

According to the ads: "Instantly roll away dark circles. Caffeine Gel + Rollerball energizes and stimulates microcirculation. Lemon Essence brightens. Tinted mineral pigments instantly corrects dark circles."

The product also contains Vitamin B5.

Well, like I said, this product did not work any miracles, but the rollerball is nice and cool in the morning when I am tired, and the concealing pigments are better at concealing than I would have thought (I do still need to use additional concealer in addition to this one. But my dark circles are mah-juh). I would not rely soley on this product to nourish the eye area or to do any significant damage to your dark circles on its' own, but in addition to another product, this eye-roller is a refreshingly cool, pretty heavy duty concealer.

Bottom Line- Don't expect miracles from the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller. Use this product in addition to another anti-wrinkle, anti-dark circle eye cream. An additional dab of your normal concealer may be needed if your dark circles are heavy. This is a nice product for the money. The rollerball cools and feels nice on tired eyes, and the tinted pigments in the concealer work well.

Where to purchase-  $12.99 at Your local drugstore, or Ulta.com

2 comments:

  1. oh my. i have bought this one like 2 years ago i was really dissapointed with it. total waste of money for me.
    i would recommend you the version with the concealer. i don't know if you know it already but you get to choose from two different shades. i have the darker one and it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M'Kay, yes, the one I reviewed (Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller) has the concealer in it already, but I still need to use additional concealer! I didn't know it came in two different shades...that is great! The Garnier Anti-Puff Roller is the one without concealing pigments. I believe that is the one you tried first...I do believe that the Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller is a great concealer, but like you, I haven't seen any miracles. It is really hard to get rid of dark circles though, because especially if you are brunette, a lot of times they are hereditary. Keep the comments coming. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete