Friday, March 2, 2012

Your Perfect Pink? Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm



I am usually a sucker for anything that says it was designed just for you. That somehow, make up will sense the perfect color to compliment my complexion and make me look better than before. So, of course, I fell pray to Dior advertising, and had to try out the shade-sensing Dior Addict Lip Glow for myself.

According to the Dior website, Dior Addict Lip Balm is:

A made-to-measure lip balm that beautifies and durably enhances the lips’ natural color. A customized color result : thanks to its Color Reviver technology, Dior Addict Lip Glow reacts directly with the unique chemistry of each woman’s lips before releasing its color ingredient. Lips seem revived from within, amazingly fresh, full and radiant. 


Well, I tried out the balm, and at first I didn't like it. On my lips, the color turned a soft, but punchy pink that took some getting used to. After a while, I really started to like it, and now I wear it every day. I like a lot of gloss, so I usually pair it with some clear, shiny, lip gloss on top. I wasn't really convinced that the shade didn't  just turn the same color on everyone, so I asked my friend Jamie to try it out. 

Here are the results:

Me on the left, Jamie on the right.

Both Jamie and I used Dior Addict with my clear gloss. I have "Light" skin with golden undertones, while Jamie is more of a "Fair" or "Porcelain" complexion. The shades are very similar, but the glow balm is slightly more pink on me and mauve on Jamie, so there is a small difference in the shade.

Dior Glow Balm also contains SPF 10, and moisturizes with Mango and Luffa Cylandrica (similar to a cucumber plant, and often used to soften the skin), so you are also protecting and softening your lips every time you apply it. 

Dior Addict is not cheap, but if you like pink lips, and have $30 burning a hole in your pocket. You will love this balm. Thrifty girly-girls, I will be looking around for a cheaper version of this product, and I will let you know as soon as I find one!

Bottom Line- Softens and provides lips with a perfect but not necessarily natural, pink.

Will I Buy it Again?- Yes, if I have $30!

Where to Buy- Neiman Marcus or Dior.com

2 comments:

  1. Wow love its color so feminine and looks nice to wear. Well i might add this to my list.

    ReplyDelete