Thursday, August 11, 2011

L'Oreal One Sweep Eyeshadow- Does it work as Designed?


I am always wary of products that promise to take steps out of your beauty routine. Designed for the lazy, does applying eyeshadow really take that long? If your make up routine is organized (I suggest purchasing the Trish McEvoy MakeUp Planner, or a magnetized compact from Mary Kay to help you do this), you can do your eyeshadow in seconds. Even so, being the make-up lover that I am, I still had to give the L'Oreal One Sweep Eyeshadow a try.

L'Oreal One Sweep promises to give you defined eyecolor for your eye shade in both a Natural (lighter shades) and a Playful (darker shades), as well as some neutral kits for all eyes, that promise to do in one sweep, what three sweeps of eyeshadow would normally do. At first look, I guessed that the eyelid-shaped applicator would blend all three colors together to make one shade, rather than three separate and defined shades, but I decided to give it a try anyway, because you never know.

I selected the "Natural for Brown Eyes" shade. Although I am not a "Natural" type of girl, the dark brown lid color, medium brown shade for above the eyelid area, and peachy highlighter seemed like the defining colors I wore daily. As it suggests on the package, I took the eyelid shaped applicator and swept it across the palette in one sweep, and then swept it across my eyelid. (I do admit, it took me a couple of seconds to realize how to position the applicator so that it swept across my eyelid the way it was supposed to. It goes one way for the right eye, the opposite way for the left). The result? One taupe-y brown shade, just like my skin tone, that can barely be seen except for some sparkle. Yes, the "One Sweep" failed to produce three separate shades, and resulted in only one, very neutral shade, that is way too natural for me. Now, I only tried the Natural for Brown Eyes, and maybe I should have realized that Natural meant "No-Make-Up looking", but it sure didn't look like it from the package (see picture above). I have a sneaky suspicion that the other shades, even though they may appear darker than the Natural shade, will also result in a one-color result.  Nice try, but no dice, L'Oreal.

Bottom Line- Don't waste your money.

Where to Buy- Drugstores everywhere, or Drugstore. Com

No comments:

Post a Comment