Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Get Organized with Trish McEvoy!

Let me start this off with the fact that I am not an organized person. Martha Stewart is not my idol, I don't read Real Simple magazine, or shop at The Container Store. I don't have a label maker, I don't organize my clothes by color (I am lucky they are not on the floor), and I can sleep at night with dishes in the sink.  I am a typical person who is slightly on the messy side (my nose is growing. Ok, I am pretty messy). That being said, one area where I was a definitely a very big mess (notice how I say was?) is in organizing my make-up. I used to have tons of make-up scattered in a very large plastic bowl and multiple half-opened make-up bags. Notice how I say used to...

Everything changed for me when my stepmother introduced me to the Trish McEvoy planner. The planner is available in three sizes and has magnetized pages and a classy black Chanel-type padded cover. Additional magnetized pages can be inserted as needed, and almost all Trish McEvoy make-up is also magnetized as well, meaning you can easily pop in multiple eyeshadows and blushes, and organize each by type or color combination. The planner also has make-up pouches that can also be inserted in to the planner, along with extra special attached pouches in the back for your brushes.

Here is a snapshot of what a planner looks on the inside. This is the Mini planner. My planner is the Large. I also have three full pages of eyeshadow, blush and bronzers inside of my planner, and it isn't as clean as this one!

A typical Trish McEvoy page. I have my pages separated by eyeshadows and blushes. This page is either organized by color collection, or is for someone who wears minimal make-up colors (that would not be me).


Now that several types of make-up brands are also magenetizing the backs of their make up products, you can also pop in make-up other than Trish McEvoy, including Aveda make-up products and Mary Kay as well.  This being said, once you have purchased the planner, you can be free to use more than just Trish McEvoy make-up, although; I must say, Trish's make up is great! (Check out Sugarplum , a must-have eyeshadow for brown or green eyes, and Natural blush, a pink that compliments almost every skin tone)

My planner makes all my make up fit securely in one place, and is easy to reach. No more multiple types of the same color of eyeshadow scattered everywhere, no more blushes dropped on the floor. Also, if I am traveling or staying somewhere overnight, I can just quickly grab my planner and it has everything I need. If Trish could just design a line of multiple magnetized shower shelves for all my shampoo and conditioner, I would be set!

Trish planners aren't cheap, averaging about $60, depending on size and amount of pages and pouches inside, but it is worth the price considering how much money you will save on products you don't need, and how much time you will save in your beauty routine not searching for eyeshadows and blush.

Bottom Line- A must have for every girly-girl!

Where to purchase- Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, or http://www.trishmcevoy.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment