Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Kissed Cheeks- L'Oreal- The One Sweep in Poppy

I wasn't a big fan of the L'Oreal One Sweep Eyeshadow when I tried it. The color blurred together to make one color, and I looked nothing like the model in the ads, with defined eyeshadow in multiple colors after one sweep of shadow. I actually love L'Oreal The One Sweep Blush in Poppy. It gives my light skin a fresh, believable pop of fresh, pink color, like my cheeks have just been pinched, or I have just been outside in the cold. I love this color for my lighter- winter skin. This color is so natural looking that my attempt to show the color blended in perfectly with my skin color and did not come through on my camera when I attempted to take a picture of it for this blog.



To be honest, I don't see how The One Sweep Blush "contours" my face as it claims. On the label it is called a "Sculpting Blush Duo". The brown color in the duo seems to blend in with the fresh pink to produce a believable blush shade. It actually looks a lot scarier in the compact than it is on the skin. The brown shade looks very bronzy and the pink looks very pink (the pink is a lot brighter than it appears in this picture). I was afraid that after I applied this blush, I would look like a tan clown. Instead, as I mentioned earlier, the two colors blend together well on the skin to produce a very believable pink cheek color.

If this blush is sculpting my face, I don't see it. If you want to see a more sculpted look, I would suggest using the two colors separately to contour your face, rather than blending them together. Also, I had to skip the brush included in the compact for my own blush brush, as it was small and awkward to use, and did not collect enough color (if the brush was bigger, it might have made it easier to see a contouring effect, but then again, it would not fit in the compact). As someone who is a little "heavy handed" with make-up, I find that I can apply and apply this blush, without looking overly made-up. I love it, and I will definitely purchase it again!

Other Available Colors-

Poppy- Fresh pink for fair/light skin.
Flush- Darker pink shade for medium skin.
Posh- Subtle pink shade for light/medium skin.
Nectar/Peach- Subtle peach shade for light/medium skin.


Bottom Line- Great color, very believable, not sure if it sculpts the face as it claims, but it is a great product anyways.

Where to purchase- Drugstores everywhere, or Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment