Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bad Breath Busters! Therabreath

Face it- we all have bad breath sometimes, even though nobody wants to admit it. Bad breath can be a big problem, especially during the Winter and Spring when allergies and illness are common, and it is so embarrassing. Believe it or not, a lot of bad breath occurs in the throat and tongue, NOT only by the teeth and gums. To start off with, it is always important to floss every day, just to keep your teeth and gums healthy, and to catch food particles that may be stuck between your teeth. Those particles can rot just like food does in your kitchen, and smell just as bad if they spend enough time stuck between your teeth.

To catch those little buggers, I love the minty fresh flossers I buy at CVS.  A guy at work got me hooked on them, and I keep them in my purse so that I can use them throughout the day if I need to (being stuck in traffic is a great time to floss! Keep your eyes on the road, of course!) The kind I buy is generic, but you can also purchase them through G.U.M.online, or find them in your local drugstore. Also, don't forget to make brushing your tongue a part of your daily teeth brushing (I saw on Dr. Oz that the whiter your tongue is, the more likely it is for particles to get stuck in the crevices in your tongue and produce bad breath. I have a kind of white tongue! Eeek!)



Something else that really helps especially if I have been sick or have allergies, is Therabreath mouthwash, created by Dr. Katz out of love for his bad-breathed plagued daughter. Every night, I swish for 30 seconds with Therabreath between my teeth, and then gargle it in my throat for 30 seconds. I repeat the process sometimes, if necessary. I don't know what it is about Therabreath that works so well. According to the Therabreath website, Dr. Katz believes bad breath is caused by Sulfur Compounds, and his formula works to attack it. Dr. Katz's patients have eliminated 98% of the Sulfur Compounds that cause bad breath. At any rate, I am hooked! Therabreath is fresh, minty, works like nothing else! There is no alcohol in Therabreath, so it does not have a mediciney- taste that makes you want to gag. I am willing to drive all over Dallas looking for Therabreath, and it is often sold out. This is because it really works! It is not cheap, but for $10 a bottle, it is more than worth it!

Bottom Line- Every girly-girl should have Therabreath in her beauty arsenal!

Where to buy- Drugstores everywhere or www.therabreath.com

No comments:

Post a Comment