Thursday, May 19, 2011

Monobrows Beware! Help for Unruly Eyebrows-The Ardell Brow Precision Shaper

When I was in high school I refused to pluck my eyebrows even though it looked like I had two brown fuzzy caterpillers crawling acoss my forehead. Even so, I was convinced I had "Brooke Shields" eyebrows. Finally, in college, a boyfriend of mine told me my brows were too thick and hairy, that I had a monobrow growing above my nose, and that my eyebrows needed to be plucked desperately. What happened after that, only my razor will know for sure. Let's just say there was too much work to be done for me to just use tweezers, and I ended up with half an eyebrow. Oh, but don't worry, the hair grew back, and back, and back.

Ever since then, I have had to pluck my eyebrows twice a day. Once at home in the morning and once in the car on the way to work. I have had to keep a set of tweezers in the car because the car mirror always showed more un-plucked hairs to my horror, than my bathroom mirror reveals. Even with tweezing in the car, I never, ever get all the little hairs removed, no matter how much I pluck. My eyebrows are so hairy that the hairs grow almost too my eyeballs. I am not joking. It is awful, and a  huge pain in the butt. I have to get my eyebrows waxed at least once a month because I can't handle them and keep them groomed. You have heard men talk about the 5 o' clock shadow? I get eyebrow stubble at noon. I even admit to pulling out the good ol' razor every once in a while when I don't have the time to pluck. Sometimes it is the only thing I can do to get the hair off quickly.

The other day when I was at CVS, I noticed the Ardell Brow Precision Shaper . The package said, "With the Precision Shaper perfectly defined brows are just seconds away". Whatever. I didn't believe it. The main reason I even decided to purchase the product anyway was because the little mini-razor looking contraption looked a lot safer and easier to maneuver than my razor. Well, when I was in the car, I decided to give the shaper a try. This little groomer is amazing! I am not sure how it works as well as it does, but it is great for shaping your brows. The blade takes off the perfect amount of hair, and leaves a very clean line. My eyebrows looked so great after using it, that it almost looked like I had just been to a salon for a professional waxing. I can even use the shaving blade to safely swipe off the hairs underneath my brows.  I am very, very, pleased with this product! For only $4.99 for three bladed shapers and a shaving blade for facial hair, it is a steal. I am going to re-purchase this product again and again!

Bottom Line- Great product at an amazing price. The Precision Shaper makes unruly eyebrows look like they have been waxed and shaped at a salon. It is also easy to use and maneuver around delicate eyebrow hair.

Where to purchase- CVS

Update 6/16/11- Beware of using this product too close to the brow. I have been, and now my brows are too thin. Also, I want to note that I still have to use tweezers, but not as much as before. This product will not eliminate the use for tweezers.

No comments:

Post a Comment