Sunday, May 1, 2011

Reflections on the Royal Wedding

Absolute Perfection....The Royal Wedding was a gorgeous display of the best in British pomp and circumstance with a modern twist...true love. The normally reserved William and Kate could not hold one thing back on this amazing day...the look of real love on their normally reserved British faces. Here's to everlasting love invading the British Monarchy. 




Future Brides take note...lace, fitted bodices, long sleeves and a return to old Hollywood glamour have now become a part of wedding fashion. Kate's Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen gown will be influencing wedding style for years to come.

I dream of Pippa...Several online sources claim that Pippa Middleton, Kate's Maid of Honor, may have stolen the spotlight from her sister in her white (future bridesmaid-trend alert), form-fitting Sarah Burton designed, Alexander McQueen gown, and emerald green reception dress by Temperley, but I don't agree. I do think the world has found a new star.


Here's to Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie..I really hate to say this, but their mother Sarah Ferguson and father Prince Andrew are both attractive...so why do the sisters remind me of....Cinderella's Ugly Stepsisters??? Maybe it is the ridiculous fascinators and silly dress-coats...Tone it down, girls!!!



Below is one of my favorite pictures from the wedding..Diana's lovely nieces. A perfect display of the gorgeous Spencer genes (I am sure William and Harry are both grateful for receiving a large dose of Spencer DNA from their mother).  Here's to three British beauties and fascinators done right.



Zara Phillips, Will's cousin and close friend. She has shown up on the "worst" of hat fashion lists from the Royal Wedding, but personally I love the drama of this showstopper. Bring hat-fashion to the U.S.!


Love it or hate it, British Socialite Tara Parker-Tomkinson's outfit grabbed attention. I love it...but when I heard that the hat was designed to take attention away from her cocaine-collapsed nose, I wondered why it was designed to point directly down to it?



What can I say negatively about David and Victoria Beckham...Nothing. They both look amazingly gorgeous. Who cares if David is wearing his medal on the wrong side of his lapel? He is the perfect argument for bringing British formal attire to the U.S. As for Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, the pop-star wife of the superstar soccer player shows more class and style than many of those in attendence from aristocratic backgrounds.  Maybe it is just an American thing, but while I do love the bright colors displayed by the attendees of the wedding and the matching fabulous hats, I am not quite sure a wedding, especially a Royal Wedding, is the proper place for them. In my opinion,Victoria seemed to be one of the only women in attendence not trying to attract attention to herself and away from the bride, and she did it perfectly.


Ahhh...Who could talk about the Royal Wedding and not mention the handsome and devilish Prince Harry? I do admit that he could do without all the rope on his uniform distracting from his ginger-haired hotness, but then again, I know it is all because he was recently promoted to the position of Captain of the British Army.


Finally, the beautiful couple... Who couldn't shed a tear at the loving, Shy-Di way that William looked at Kate during the wedding and the adoring, dimpled way Kate beamed back? I must say that as many people probably did, I had my doubts about the two of them, since I had never seen much of them interacting together other than in pictures. This wedding removed all doubt. God save the Queen, and God save their love.


Cheerio, Girly-Girls! I am now going to start my campaign to bring hat-fashion to our little commonwealth!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I am all for bringing hats back into fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's do it!!! I am going to start wearing hats as much as I can!!!

    ReplyDelete