Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Better in Multiples? E.L.F. Countouring Blush and Bronzer Duo-Inspired By Nars Orgasm/South Beach Multiple Duo

Despite the naughty name, Nars Orgasm blush is always listed on Editor's Favorites lists, and is a must have for every make up kit. Unfortunately, the price can leave you cold, at $27 a pop. The reason this blush is so popular is the pretty peachy color works on almost everybody, and gives you a sunny pop of color that brightens your face. I have wanted to purchase Nars Orgasm, or the more sparkly-gold Super Orgasm, but I just can't justify spending that much money on blush. Even though I love make-up, I am thrifty.

I was at the drugstore the other day and I noticed the E.L.F Contouring Blush and Bronzer in Blushed and Bronzed, and I was amazed at how similar the Blushed color is to Nars Orgasm! (I thought I had discovered this long-lost twin myself, but I checked on the internet, and apparently a lot of people have noticed the similarity) This duo looks like it was designed  to be similiar to the Nars Orgasm and South Beach Multiple Duo. I was also amazed at the price, it is only $3! $3 compared to $45 for the Nars Multiple Duo? Who is going to pass that up? I purchased the E.L.F duo and was so excited to try it, that I put it on immediately in the car. The duo comes with a bronzed color, called Bronzed, along with the Nars Orgasm-like Blushed color, so I blended both together with a fluffy brush, and proceeded to bronze and blush my face. Bad, bad, idea! If you purchase the E.L.F Bronzing Duo, NEVER put it on anywhere except somewhere you have really good light, and you must be very light handed. After using the duo together quickly in the car, I looked like a big, orange Oompa Loompa. The bronzer, I hate to admit, is highly pigmented and orange colored. It is notat all like Nars South Beach, and the two colors cannot be blended together easily like you can with the Nars Orgasm and South Beach Multiple Duo. If you are looking for a bronzer, you will have much better luck with Xen-Tan Perfect Bronze (my absolute favorite bronzer!). I ended up tossing out the bronzer and leaving the square of Blushed by itself in the compact. Unfortunately, E.L.F. does not sell Blushed on its' own (they should!) Blushed has now found itself as a permanent fixture in my make up bag. I absolutely love this color.

Bottom Line-For $3, you can't go wrong with the E.L.F Countouring Blush and Bronzer, when you can't purchase the real thing. The packaging is cheap and falls apart, but that made it easier for me to pop out the horrible bronzer. For $3, you can't really complain. Of course, if you can afford it, Nars Orgasm and South Beach Multiple Duo , or Nars Orgasm or Super Orgasm on their own, are worth the price.

Where to Buy- E.L.F. Contouring Blush and Bronzer-Your local drugstore or http://www.eyeslipface.com/
Nars- http://www.nars.com/, or http://www.sephora.com/ (highlighted links above will also take you directly to mentioned products)

No comments:

Post a Comment