Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Believe the hype! Clarisonic MIA Face Brush

This Christmas, I was lucky enough to receive the Clarisonic MIA. The MIA is a portable, less expensive, less complicated version of the traditional Clarisonic. My Stepmother bought me my MIA, (and she knows me pretty well) so I was lucky enough to receive the breast cancer version in pink! I had heard a lot about the Clarisonic face brush and I have wanted one for over year.  Despite all the hype, I had realistic hopes. Seriously, what is a face brush really going to do? It is not going to change the world! But, I had heard that it makes your skin feel great and look great as well, so I was excited to try it out and see if it works.

A small bummer about the Clarisonic MIA is that you have to charge it on the charger for 24 hours before you can use it. After that, the brush is ready to go. I have the brush in the sensitive version, so it comes with the white head. The normal brush head is gray. What I love about the MIA is it comes with all it needs and there are not a lot of additional parts to keep up with. The original Clarisonic comes with additional heads; including a body brush, and alternating speeds for the brush head. Honestly, I like my MIA because it doesn't have all that stuff. It has the brush head, charger and a sample cleanser. That is all I need. I would just lose the additional parts anyways.

Well, the brush feels great on your skin...it is actually invigorating! You use the brush for a minute total by brushing over each area of your face, and it shuts of automatically when it is finished.  The MIA pamphlet gives you time suggestions for each area, but I use it where I feel my face needs the most attention. You can use the cleanser the MIA comes with, or any cleanser that you have available. I love to use the MIA in the morning, especially when I am tired. It helps wake me up and it feels amazing. A few days after I started using it, my boyfriend told me my skin had never been so soft. I also noticed that my make up and moisturizer went on easier, my skin was also smoother and clearer and it felt amazingly healthy. I even noticed a small reduction in the red discoloration and sun damage on my cheeks. I had read additional reviews on the Clarisonic on the web that mention that some people break-out at first due to the removal of dead skin, but that did not happen to me. I did have two extra pimples appear that week, but it was also the week before my "friend" came to visit.  It was also only two pimples, so I can't be sure what they were caused by.  At any rate, it was not enough to alarm me.

Bottom Line- This is not a miracle product. It won't eliminate your wrinkles or acne, but it can help. It will help your skin absorb your moisturizer and serums better, your make up will go on smoother, your skin will be softer, and it will make your skin glow. It also feels great and is easy to use. That is enough for me! I love my Clarisonic MIA. I am hooked.

Update 6/13/11- I see a lot of viewers stop by my post looking to see if you need to charge the battery for 24 hours. The answer is yes. You can probably get away with not charging the MIA for the full 24 hours, but for the life and care of your battery, it is always best to fully charge any and every battery operated device before use.

3 comments:

  1. Kevin, you know it is not for your car. You have used it on your face and loved it! Admit it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would work great on my Porsche wheels. Admit it.

    ReplyDelete