Friday, January 28, 2011

Get Him On Track!- Kiehl's Skincare for Men

No matter what they say, even the most manly man over 30 cares about lines and wrinkles. They just really don't know what products to use, and they don't want to ask. So, it is never too late to slip a couple of skin care products in to their shaving kit. Kiehl's has a great men's line that is easy to use and appeals to men with its' energizing and easy to use formulas (I also think they like the little blue airplane on the packaging). When my friend John requested an eye cream for his puffy eyes and I bought him one from Loreal', he turned the product backwards with the label facing to the back of his cabinet. Unlike his Loreal' eye cream, he proudly displays his Kiehl's products. They even have their own shelf. I also recently learned that my Dad also uses Kiehl's products! This bare-bones masculine facial care line really seems to appeal to all ages and types of men.

Now, if you have a reluctant-to-anything-that-might-seem-metrosexual man in your life, the best way to start him off is by slipping the Kiehl's for Men Facial Fuel moisturizer into his cabinet. Even the name exudes testosterone! According to Kiehl's:

Our vitamin-enriched and energizing non-oily moisturizer wakens and uplifts dull, fatigued skin. This "facial recovery accelerator" helps skin resist the affects of environmental stress for a healthy, invigorated appearance. The formula, with Vitamin C and E, Chestnut extract and Soy, helps waken tired-looking skin and helps improve skin's look and texture. With use, your skin will feel refueled, re-energized and revitalized!

My friend John loves this stuff so much that he rushes to the Kiehl's store as soon as it runs out and buys more. I snuck in to his cabinet the other day and tried it out for myself, and at the end of the day my skin was more moisturized than it usually was with my regular serum and moisturizer! I also have to admit that I am a sucker for the pepperminty feeling your skin gets when you apply this in the morning. The menthol and caffeine in the Facial Fuel moisturizer really helps to wake up your skin.

After your man has become addicted to this product (which he will, I promise) you can slowly ease him in to the Eye Alert which fights puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. There is also the Facial Fuel Anti Wrinkle Cream for those men who are especially concerned with aging. You can actually purchase the entire Facial Fuel line, which ranges from cleanser to shaving cream to face balm, but this may be going a little overboard. Realistically, most men will probably pick three products maximum to use from this line and that will be it. Please let your man know not to expect miracles and that major improvements won't happen overnight. John put the Eye Alert on his eyes and asked me "Are my dark circles gone now?". The only thing that is going to get rid of dark eye circles immediately is make-up, and I doubt that your man wants to put that on!  Let your man know that even with the fastest working skin care products can take at least 4 weeks minimum to see any significant results, so patience and dilligence is key in every skin care regime.

If you have the rare, more -comfortable -with-his-feminine-side type of man in your life, you can also suggest the new Facial Fuel Healthy Bronze facial bronzer, which has moisturizers and a small amount of self-tanner. I suggested it to John and he laughed in my face (kind of the same response he gave me when I offered to give him a spray tan) Oh, well. Sometimes you've got to start slow.

Where to buy Kiehl's- Neiman Marcus, Kiehl's stores, http://www.kiehls.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment