Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Why are those yellow and purple beads floating in my bodywash? Softsoap Nutri Serums

A couple of years ago, my friend Jamie from work and I participated in a body wash study for fun.  The study was taking place really close to our office, and we were going to get paid to use bodywash, which we would do anyways.

Everyone who participated in the study received a clear bottle inside a paper bag to keep the body wash appearance secret. There were no labels, no descriptions on the bodywash, nothing to give away the true identity of the bodywash. Of course, Jamie and I compared our bottles after we left the study offices. Jamie's bottle had a clear bodywash inside of it, and my bodywash was also clear, but unlike Jamie's, mine had strange little yellow and purple beads floating inside of it. We figured that everyone participating in the study was given a different type of  bodywash, and that the one with the best reviews was the one that would soon show up in our neighborhood Wal-Mart next to the Caress body bars and Irish Spring.

Well, Jamie and I used our bodywashes for a week as instructed, and then came back to the study offices to complete a written review on what we thought. In my review, I suggested that the bodywash be more moisturizing, but that it had a nice scent. I also mentioned that I wasn't crazy about the yellow and purple beads. Sometimes, you had to smash the beads in your fingers to get them to realease the serum inside. I had used similiar products before with serum "beads" in them that ended up never breaking down and making a mess in the bathtub. To me, the beads appeared like more of a novelty than a necessity. After I finished my review, I made a special note to myself to keep my eye out for a new space-age looking body wash with yellow and purple beads in it, just in case the bodywash I tested was the one that was selected.

A year or so ago, I was in the soap aisle of my neighborhood grocery store when I stopped dead in my tracks. There, next to the Dove and Ivory soap was that crazy bodywash I had reviewed a year earlier, only now I could see what the brand really was. Well, hello SoftSoap Nutri Serums! I chuckled a little to myself, but I didn't buy it. I hadn't been that impressed with it during the study. At least not enough to spend $4 a bottle to buy it.

Finally, last week I broke down and decided that I would try the bodywash out again, just for fun. Well, I am not going to give myself too much credit and say that with the possible hundreds of people across the country that may have participated in the study that they listened to my opinion, but now the formula is amazingly moisturizing and luxurious! Much more so than before. The purple and yellow beads are still there, but they break down really well now, and I have not found any lingering in my bath tub. The best thing is, my skin is so soft! When used with a body brush like my Pink Back Brush from Bath and Body Works (on sale right now for $5,and it is great), your skin feels like a baby's. The serums used in the body wash contain Vitamin E and Omega 3 and 6, which are incredibly moisturizing to the skin and also help repair past damage as well. I also still enjoy the scent, which to me has a sweet fruity-cranberry-clean smell, kind of like something they would sell at Bath and Body Works at Christmas time. SoftSoap also calls the beads "pearls" on the label, which makes me laugh.

Bottom Line- I don't think the packaging does this product justice, also the fact that it is from a brand that is known for the inexpensive hand wash that has the see-through aquarium in it doesn't help either. This product is great, and is well worth the money. It feels like a luxury bodywash! Almost like you took a expensive, high-end facial serum and covered your body with it.  Plus, it is only around $4 a bottle. I love this body wash! I am hooked. I even like the purple and yellow floating serum "pearls". Good job SoftSoap!

No comments:

Post a Comment